In an effort to supercharge the load speed of the plugin and to allow for the sorting of posts by their popularity, we cache (temporarily store) the share counts with the post in WordPress. These numbers are updated on the following timescales:
- New posts: Updated once every hour
- Posts older than 3 weeks: Updated once every 3 hours
- Posts older than 2 months: Updated once every 6 hours
If you would like to manually reset the cached share numbers for specific posts you can do so by following these steps:
- Navigate to the post editor for that particular post.
- Update the post.
- Now the next time the post is loaded, it will fetch new share counts.
That should solve 99.999% of instances where the counts are not updating in the expected timeframe. If you have gone through all the above, but the counts are still not updating, it could be a another caching plugin that is not allowing the Social Warfare cache to be rebuilt properly. First, try this. If that doesn’t work, drop us a line.