If you think version 1.2 brought a whole lot of awesome stuff to the table, wait until you hear what we’ve done for version 1.3! We’re pretty excited about it.
Major styling and themes overhaul, new floating bar options, hide ‘zero’ share count networks, refined mobile sizing algorithm, French translation, fixed floating background errors, fixed registration infinite loop’ bug.
Now, let’s dive in to what this all means.
Major Styling Overhaul
Previously our visual options included over 75 different style/color combinations. Now that number has gone through the roof with over 5,000 possible combinations!
We’ve broken our styling system into 6 tiers allowing you to create your own style “recipe” to fit your site’s unique aesthetic:
- Button shape: This affects the shape of the button and has 6 different options.
- Default color set: This is how the buttons will be colored without being hovered over.
- Individual hover color set: This will apply to an individual button only when it is hovered over.
- Other buttons hover color set: This will apply to the buttons not being hovered over when one of the buttons is being hovered over.
- Button size: Adjusts the overall size of the buttons, icons and text.
- Button alignment (when scaled): If you’re using a size smaller than 100% then this will tell the buttons where to align themselves horizontally.
Similarly floating buttons now also have their own style controls that include:
- Float position: Choose from having them float on the top, bottom or left side of the page.
- Float style: Previously there was no choice— they were just buttons, but we’ve now introduced a new “Boxes” style for those that want a more pronounced left-floating share bar.
- Default color set: Same as above.
- Individual color set: Same as above also.
- Other Buttons Hover color set: Also, same deal as above.
- Floating background color: Changes the background color behind the horizontal floating share buttons.
Additionally, to make things super easy we’ve added an option to “Style the buttons the same as the horizontal ones” which will save you the hassle of having to style your floating buttons if all you want is for them to be exactly the same as the static ones.
Oh, and you know what else? You now have the ability to apply your custom colors to outline styles as well as fill colors! So technically, the possibilites are in the millions.
And did you catch that new left-floating style? Here’s what they look like:
Since this is a major overhaul to the visual style experience your previous visual style settings will be lost. We hope this is a worthy sacrifice though for a better customization experience moving forward.
Hide ‘Zero’ Network Shares
In preparation for the potential demise of Twitter counts, we’ve created a setting that will allow you to hide the share counts for networks that have 0 shares but still show the other network counts that do have shares.
Styling will still be beautiful and seamless.
If you partner this with our previous new feature that allows you to have the buttons automatically arrange themselves by number of shares, your buttons will group themselves with the no-share counts at the end and the most share counts at the beginning.
Refined Mobile Sizing Algorithm
Getting the sizing to automatically adjust for thousands of different potential screen sizes when there are so many variables our buttons have to work with is not easy. And we’ve had our fair share of frustrations. But this newest algorithm is the best yet.
If you notice any mobile layout issues, please let us know.
Big thanks to Michael M for helping us to ensure the proper translation.
Social Warfare now comes with 6 different languages. If you would like to contribute a translation (it’s very easy) please be sure to drop us a line!
Updated UTM Parameters for Analytics
For those of you using our Analytics Tracking feature you’ll notice that you now have the option to change the Analytics Medium and Analytics Campaign based on your preferences.
Previously we gave you the option to change the Analytics Source (intead of Medium) but realized this is the more industry standard way of using custom UTM tracking.
Article on this coming soon.
You know we’re all about performance right? We’re pretty much obsessed with making sure our plugin remains the fastest loading premium social sharing plugin on the market.
The JS file has been reduced from 34kb to 11kb. For those of you who aren’t developers— just know that it’s a big deal. The file is reduced by over 68%. It’s less than 1/3 the original size!
Various Bug Fixes
We’re constantly working behind the scenes to uncover and squash tiny (or even big) bugs that pop up. Due to the vast amount of different plugins and themes in the WordPress ecosystem, conflicts are bound to happen.
In this update we’ve addressed a number of issues relating to the registration functions, floating background color issues and a handful of admin styling and aesthetic issues.
Tell Us Your Visual Recipe!
We’d love to know what you’re doing with the new visual options. If you’d be so brave, let us know in the comments below what visual recipe you’re using on your site!
Personally, I like:
- Shape: Flat Fresh
- Default: Color Outlines
- Individual Hover: Full Color
- Other Hover: Color Outlines
- Size: 100%
- Floating: Same style with top floating bar
So what’s your style? You can leave a comment by clicking here.